control

(written Nov. 9)
Yesterday, I was supposed to be concentrating and studying for a psychology test, but somehow I was really drawn to watching the results of the 2016 US federal elections. Perhaps, it was a historical event that I had to witness as a citizen on the other side of the border. As I saw the map of USA light up in red/blue, I began to experience a sense of fear that Americans may have chosen the wrong commander-in-chief.
Before going to bed, it was hard logging off of facebook seeing Obama’s message, friends’ frantic posts and newly published newspaper articles. However, something settled me down…and that was the peace brought upon me knowing that God is in control of this entire situation. He was there right from the beginning and He has a good plan for us. God knew who will win the election from the beginning and He will use His power to follow through with His unique plan. Remember…He is the ultimate One in authority.
As Canadian Christians, we can’t do much…but to pray for the leaders. Not just Trump, but all the leaders around the world. Rather than ranting on facebook and feeling depressed, we should pray that these leaders will work together in harmony to ensure peace in this world. May they have the strength to press on and work in a great world of chaos and sin. I still remember going to the Supreme Court in Washington DC and seeing a group of teenagers praying in front of the courthouse. That image was extremely powerful because it reminded me that even the wise and educated leaders need our prayers. These women and men make significant decisions and need to bow down horizontally and seek the Lord’s counsel.

As the countdown for Donald’s inauguration draws closer and people are scared, I would like to encourage you with John 16:33b, where Jesus said: In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. 

~c.h.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

failure

slice of life: hospital playlist review

real faces and happy endings: it's okay to not be okay review