hallyu music


It all started with Jason Chen and Arden Cho’s cover of “Everytime” from “Descendants of the Sun”and now I’ve been drowning in something that I thought was too foreign and bizarre to me. I never thought I would be that Kpop fan girl, who spends money to buy tickets for their concert and wants to collect their CDs. Here are some reason why I fell in love with this world of entertainment:
-          Power of music Korean singers have showed me that music transcends language. Through their love for the art of creating/composing/producing/performing music, you don’t necessarily need to understand the language to enjoy it. Somehow, they are capable of showing their audience the emotions and present social issues through their artistic performances.
-          The full package undeniably, the entertainment industry has created people that are the perfect package. People can sing/dance/speak eloquently/be entertaining/relatable/border-line unreal!
-          Live! Listening to mandarin, Cantonese and English music, I have that many artists cannot perform live but Korean artists are able to perform flawlessly, despite the circumstance and display great tone/emotion/energy
-          Versatility Just like my favourite artist Taylor Swift, artists in Korean are capable of changing themselves and adopt new genres/styles/concepts for their next CDs. They may be afraid of change, but they do it! Hence, my favourite groups are not stuck doing what people would consider “radio songs.”

Who knew?
~cho

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

failure

slice of life: hospital playlist review

real faces and happy endings: it's okay to not be okay review