this time of year again

           For the past 7 years of my life, the months of April and May are certainly the roller coasters of the year. I have definetely learned multiple mental and practical lessons. Things like where to stand in front of the judges..or how to be more effective in practice. Speech competitions have driven me up the roof but also happiness for many reasons.
           I've been very happy that I was raised in a Christian family where I was raised up really happily. There weren't a lot of fights or family problems that people may assumed in the typical "American family." God has simply blessed me with family, church and friends that cared.
But in speech competition, I experienced downfall where I had to ask God to pick up back up because I couldn't settle for defeat. The greater lessons seem to unfold each year and I simply couldn't ask for more. In the good times, my brother won 1st place, my sister 3rd and I was 2nd...In the bad times, I was placed 3rd out of three competitors. Being the eldest in my family, I enjoyed having control in my sliblings, I didn't want people to tell me that "I SUCK" or that "I AM NOT GOOD ENOUGH.." But overtime, God has really transformed me to understand that He is in control over my life...whether I got a first or last, God wanted me to "get" that...As long as I did my best, He will do the rest....

In 7 days, I will be on the battlefield again with my speech duo Nat Chan...I don't know who we might compete against but I know that "it's the time of year" to give this speech competition my all...

but the rest of the time, God is MY ALL

~ch

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

failure

slice of life: hospital playlist review

real faces and happy endings: it's okay to not be okay review