march

       It's April 15, and it's a little late to write a reflection on March...but here it is! March 2013 became the month that has changed my life forever, for the good of course! I have experienced something called love like I have never seen before...Through three events, Winter Camp, Baptism and Easter...

        First, Winter Camp. It was my first time serving so many teenagers and I never thought I would ever do it. But as the pastor at my church said this past Sunday, "We live by faith and not by sight." I have never been so dedicated to serving God before. From start to finish, I felt that God was carrying me through. He often reminded me that this camp is not about "me" but Him. I can truly say that I can now continue to challenge myself with other serving opportunities. I am willing to let go and let God lead me to where HE wants me to be.

       Secondly, Baptism. An event that made me feel like I was accepting an Oscar, or Grammy, or Tony award. I didn't write about this on a separate blog, but that was certainly a lifetime experience. Even though I didn't think I presented an amazing testimony, I felt that God was incredibly pleased. Part of being baptized was a public announcement that I have accept God as my personal Lord and Saviour, but to see so many brothers and sister-in-Christ to come congratulate made me feel more special. To know that so many people cared to show up makes me happy. When Jody gave me a congratulation card from the grade. I wanted to break down and cry (not a hyperbole.) I was truly overwhelmed by this baptism. Most importantly, I can begin to encourage more people to take this step of faith.

        Thirdly, the remembrance of the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ really finished this month by saying one line, "Thank You for the Cross." Without this sacrifice, there wouldn't be baptism..without this sacrifice, I wouldn't be able to have a relationship with God. This sacrifice makes God a loving, fantastic and amazing Father...

Lord, I thank You for the Cross,
~ch

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

failure

slice of life: hospital playlist review

real faces and happy endings: it's okay to not be okay review