heartbeat

      I really like biology, it makes me realize that life around me is so delicate...recently, I've learned how the heart works. By using a stethoscope, I realized the magic of two strong sounds, a 'lub' and a 'dub', the closing of the heart valves. From the moment a little baby is alive in his/her mother's tummy, these two sounds start playing like a engine that is turned on. But after ten months of relying on the mommy, this human being gets the chance to live an independent life on planet Earth.
       It isn't easy for the heart to continue beating, sometimes the body is really weak and tired. Sometimes, the heart needs to work so fast because we are challenging life's limits.To me, the simplest things in life are sometimes the most important. Without the heartbeat, we wouldn't be living. Without the love, we would never be happy. Without music, we wouldn't be able to express a basic universal language.
       Last year, I've learnt that we often need to lose sometimes to understand it's importance. But the heart is different because it reminds us everyday through it's consistent and eternal heartbeat that says, 'Hi, I am there for you even though you don't remember.'
      As a musician, I have never heard a better metronome that lives in me to keep me running the marathon of life. 

~ch

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

failure

slice of life: hospital playlist review

real faces and happy endings: it's okay to not be okay review