eyes open

          A new year. A new goal. A new start. 2014. To be honest, I got a chance to step out my comfort zone in 2013 but I hope that this year, I will be able to challenge myself in understanding my weakness and my identity. I pray that I can be humble and that people can see how I'm different than anyone else because I am a follower of Christ.
          Last weekend, the retreat at Horseshoe Resort was more than just skiing and having fun but it was an opportunity to open my eyes to see things that I might not see in things around me. Things like sticking into my cliques made me realize my problems. Am I going to make an effort to meet friends? Is my goal to dress myself up to become someone I'm not?  Whether it is a struggle in the way I lead or the flaws in things around me, this retreat has re-focused me on someone greater than just ME ME and ME…

happy new year and keep writing...
~ch

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

failure

slice of life: hospital playlist review

real faces and happy endings: it's okay to not be okay review