here's to the future

     Impatience, a disease that I have struggled with ever since pre-school. I vividly remember eagerly awaiting for my lunch back in my Danforth Kindergarten days. Over the past few years, my sisters-in-Christ and I have become extremely close as we shared our concerns/vision for a newly formed ministry at our church that was established back when I was in Grade 7. As passionate teenagers, I remember being so excited, passionate and energized to establish a church that loved served together and growing as Christians. After a year or two of fun times, get togethers and sleepovers, we began to realize that an issue began to arise, God was often not included in our picture.
      The three of us began to talk to counselors, the youth worker and BASICs in search for a spark to ignite a ministry that was centered in God. For years at ski retreats, talks after service, late night rants at church…we found that our actions were getting nowhere. As we grew older and involved in other parts of the church, this fellowship didn’t seem like something we were capable of aiding.
      Flash forward a whopping SIX years, now I am a university students and my girls are in their latter years of high school. I have realized that in the past, our leadership team was simply not that systematic or regimented. The leaders were not focused on creating a schedule and time line of goals to accomplish. There was a lack of discernment and vision for God’s plan amongst these young people at our church. After attending a visioning meeting today, there is FINALLY a steering team for our English Ministry- a group of dedicated individuals that have committed to serve either on the worship or fellowship team. There are mentors working with our new committee members. During the meeting, my mind was filled with the statements like,“ I wish this could have happened a few years ago” or “if only….”. But I have learned to simply let go of the past and embrace the great future that God has planned to unfold in EM.
     At last, I just want to say: God has finally answered our (Chloe/Maggie/Esther/Megan) prayers. We have been praying for so many years that there will be a strong foundation for this fellowship…and God has finally revealed part of His plan! Although it took many (ex)counsellors and workers to bring the ministry to this point, I finally see the materials of this building coming together for the very first time! PTLord!

Cheers! Here’s to the future!

~ch

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

failure

slice of life: hospital playlist review

real faces and happy endings: it's okay to not be okay review