indescribable

As a grade 8 student, I would often use the word ‘indescribable’ in my essays. My friends who edit my essay would always circle the word, and write in pen: “It’s English class, you need to describe the indescribable to me!” And back home, I would need to find better word choices for my narratives, short stories and essays…but this Easter, I don’t need to change my wording because what Jesus did on the cross centuries ago is truly indescribable!
How can one fathom the love of someone that could sacrifice their live as a ransom for many? How much love does it take to offer the gift of eternal life to those who crucified Him? How can someone so innocent allow himself to be used as a sacrifice for humanity? That is indescribable love. Tomlin describes it as love running red…and yes, this agape love overflows to the point that we owe every being to him. The reflection on His work on the cross challenges me to be more aware and thankful for something that Christians often take for granted. Our relationship with the Father, the cleansing of our sins, and gift of eternal life wasn’t just paid for by a rich person. It was paid by the price of a lamb without blemish and defect. Jesus came into the earth with a mission to suffer the pain and ridicule of His people, and be nailed in the most humiliated way on a cross.
Instead of just being reminded every month during communion of His sacrifice or during the occasional Sunday service, let us make it a daily habit to come before Him with thanksgiving. Thank you God for a love that is beyond measure and cannot simply be described in words.
Just as the pastor from my Good Friday service said, “Christianity is the only religion where we don’t have to do, do, and do…because it has already been done, done, and done.”

May we rejoice in this indescribable sacrifice that has already been done over 1900 years ago,
~cho


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

failure

slice of life: hospital playlist review

real faces and happy endings: it's okay to not be okay review