weekend of love

This weekend getaway to Ottawa holds a special spot in my heart as I watch another one of my close  childhood friends say "yes" and enter into a new chapter of her life. I think it is often during these life moments when I am extra thankful for these long, meaningful friendships. As I write my "congratulations" card and watch her say her vows, a myriad of flashbacks come to mind as I think back to our younger days. In my memory bank of D, I remember standing beside each other in children's choir nervous as the choir director told us to "audition" for a potential Christmas solo. I remember sitting beside her in orchestra as we counted the 30 bars of rest before we had to play again. I remember leading worship with her in the middle of a campsite, resting the piano on a picnic table. I remember hanging out in her car after a long dinner and conversation, and she introduced to me to her wedding pinterest board. For the first time, I learned that teenage girls and young adults would "pin" their imaginary wedding into this vision board- from rings to bridesmaid dresses to veils- D had it all planned. I remember leaving the conversation thinking, "I gotta make one too." 

It's absolutely crazy how in a blink of an eye, the vision board became a reality and she was walking down the aisle with happy tears rolling down her cheeks.

As much as I love hearing about my friends' promotions, new opportunities and big purchases, it makes THE HAPPIEST when I see that they have found a lifelong companion, someone who understands and loves them for who they are, who accepts and celebrates their flaws, who they can chat with for hours, who challenges the way they see the world. Most importantly, someone who spurs them on as they continue their walk with God. It has been such a blessing getting to meet my close friends' significant others and seeing their unique couple dynamic unfold before my eyes. While some enjoy bickering with each other about the most minute thing, others enjoy jamming to their 2000s pop playlist as they drive down the highway. All these guys are all so gentle, kind hearted and God-fearing. These men shower my closest friends with so much grace and care. They recognize that their lady has unique giftings and strengths, and encourages them to let that part of them shine. 

Ughhh, it truly makes my heart melt seeing my friends so happy.

-cho

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

failure

slice of life: hospital playlist review

real faces and happy endings: it's okay to not be okay review