being 'material girl'

    While leading summer camp last week at camp, my campers and I played 'Just Dance 3' on the Wii. It was amazing to dance and sing along to some popular tunes. I was singin' 'Price Tag' by Jessie J. and the lyrics seem to stick to me that entire day...it was the first line of the song, for those who don't remember. Seems like everybody's got a price. And that is exactly how I feel all the time when I hang around people that make brand name seem like EVERYTHING!
     Shopping with them is super uncomfortable sometimes because I feel like their priorities are really, really, really materialistic! Here are MY thoughts: We are created unique and aren't judged by the clothes we choose to wear. The price that is on your clothing will be lost one day when God takes you back to heaven. Then, everything from Prada to Coach to Burberry will be G-O-N-E.
      So many people believe that we can spend money on upgrading ourselves through our clothes and accessories, but why can't we reach out to help those who can't afford having a t-shirt to wear. It's not about the money, money, money! 

~ch

Do not conform to the pattern of this world... Romans 12:2a 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

failure

slice of life: hospital playlist review

real faces and happy endings: it's okay to not be okay review