if i die young

          After the death of a distant friend, I come to realize how fast God can take your life away from you. It has been many weeks since and I still haven't found any sort of closure. It's been busy with drama, homework, and such...but it wasn't until a television series episode that played on Friday where I learn that life is precious.
          My sister showed me a song by a country band named the Band Perry, they had a song named 'If I Die Young.' It is a beautiful ballad that speaks the words of the people that have died way too young...

If I die young, 

           bury me in satin, 
                     Lay me down in a bed of roses,
                                                     Take me to the river at Dawn, 
                                      Send me away with the words of a love song...

         As the character in the drama was counting down her days on earth because of her serious illness, no one could control the fact that she was going to die. Day after day, she became weaker and weaker. At one point, she couldn't even smile. The hurt that surrounded the people she loved was engraved so deeply, it could never be healed.

        At one point, her physical body started shutting down and her dad made the decision to sign a DNR. 'Do not resuscitate.' A simple term that stops the heartbeat of an individual forever. 

What if, I were to die young? What if, God was going to cut my life short?

Would I have left an impact and legacy that I was meant to make?

I know that if this does happen to me, I just want my friends, family to know that I lived everyday to my fullest! 


~ch


A quote from that drama reminds me that: 

even though a person's heart beat has stopped, but their love still continues to overflow to those around them...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

failure

slice of life: hospital playlist review

real faces and happy endings: it's okay to not be okay review