swimming

Last week, I had a really bad day! I was so disappointed and angry about myself, I wanted complete silence. No talking. No music. I sighed a breath of sadness and this boy who sat across from me said one sentence that made me tingle and reflect. He said, "Don't worry, just keep swimming, just keep swimming." The famous line Dory says from Finding Nemo. At the moment when I was about to give up on the opportunity of success, I was touched by his encouragement because he isn't someone who would ever say anything like that. He never encourages anyone, at least, his compliments are more sarcastic than meaningful. But when he talked, it felt genuine. Reflecting upon his words, my brain was thinking ALL about 'encouragement.'
How often do I go up to people and encourage them? Or am I always speaking words of discouragement?
Other than looking at the brighter side of each problem, my job is also to give to people a sense of positive energy...


~c.h.


Encourage one another and build each other up. 1 Thessalonians 5:11a

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

failure

slice of life: hospital playlist review

real faces and happy endings: it's okay to not be okay review