the big blue bus

the bus. A mode of transportation that I used to see but never sit in. Being from Markham, Unionville, I was an oblivious child who was fortunate enough to have my parents drive me around to places I would want to go and visit. There was never an urge to step into these mysterious blue vehicles that were known to me as 'pricey' and 'foreign'. Stepping into this new stage of life, my parent were unable to drive me to school every day...and marked the beginning of my new discovery in what happens inside these loud steaming viva buses.
In this place, people come, people go. They listen to music, some rap, others classical. Having their own destinations in mind, the bus seems to be a temporarily stop to an ever-changing world of jobs and opportunities that lies in commercial building and these social institutions. I have discovered that it is a place of rest and communication. Every now and then, there will be the one individual, that speaks loudly in another language talking to their business partner or family member. That's always kinda disturbing, but it's nice to see a piece of the business society despite the fact that I'm studying at school! 
Ultimately, the answer to the question about whether or not I enjoy my life transporting by bus seems to be just like a titter totter. Sometimes, it feels rewarding to be able to enjoy a semi-free tour around the city of Toronto. But other times, buses can just be an endless stopping car that never seems to lead you back home. The balance between the perks and drawbacks seem to be different every single day as I guess that's because each day, you are entering a different bus...with different people and new encounters.
hopefully, I'll have more interesting bus stories to share with you over the next four years ;)
-cho

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

failure

slice of life: hospital playlist review

real faces and happy endings: it's okay to not be okay review