satisfied

     Known as a confident young woman, it is not always easy to share your struggles with those around other, but today, I feel compelled to write about something that just seems to never leave my mind. For the female readers out there, this might just be the perfect blog post for you. I struggle with being content as a single girl, who has simply never dated before.
     Though as Christians, I am always encouraged to be happy with the life I am living and to count my blessings around me, I would like to be the first to admit that it’s more difficult than one may think. To be honest, there are days where I dream of going on movie dates, receiving roses, taking cute Instagram posts or being #couplegoals. Some days, it’s like stepping on pins and that tiny pain strikes me as a stroll down the hallway. The feelings of incompleteness or not worthy of being loved is just like a dark cloud on what was supposedly a sunny day. A lot of the time, I simultaneously ask myself, “what do I have to do to be lovable?” “when is it going to be my turn?” “how can I change myself so that someone will appreciate me?” “what makes me unattractive?” That pain can sometimes be unbearable…though I do not show it, it exists.
     Movies, novels, songs and television endorse that your significant other is a large piece of puzzle that can make your life complete...but it is important that you REMEMBER that there is just so much more to life than just guys. Do not crave for satisfaction through a boyfriend, but rather by satisfied through the unspeakable joy from the One above. My best piece of advice to strive to be a woman of God and be confident that He will prepare for you a man (not necessarily the perfect one) that will be able to journey with you for the rest of your life. It’s not about the number of times you date that makes you the “cooler” girl, but it is waiting for the man that will appreciate you for who YOU are, not who you are TRYING to be. It is important to remind yourself (single ladies) in the meantime to strive to crave for the fruit of the Spirit, serve, and be biblically knowledgeable. By being wise, God will open up opportunities of happiness and peace.
     To be honest, this blog post is written as an encouragement, but also a reminder so that I can be reminded to be patient. I know that my unhappy thoughts about singleness will not suddenly go away, but I pray that you and I will be dedicated to continue working on being a stronger Christian so that we are prepared for the mission God has already planned for us to complete.

Have faith in His plans, and His alone,

~cho

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

failure

slice of life: hospital playlist review

real faces and happy endings: it's okay to not be okay review