dad

        Other than Bethany Hamilton, Tessa Virtue, Scott Moir, Meryl Streep, Jennifer Lawrence ..and other famous people around the world...I have been heavily influenced and admire a lot of different people for their accomplishments in their own respective careers but...one person has affected a lot too. My dad. I once wrote a piece called 'Behind the Sunset' that really touched upon this relationship we had. He's cool and I bet that there are many people in the world that would want to have a male role-model like him. 

        I have a a lot of friends that don't have the GREATEST 'daddy' role model...but the truth is, my dad isn't perfect either. [and I have certainly inherited his bad habits too :/] But there will always be one perfect dad out there, and that is God. Although He may not be physically there, as long as you trust Him, He will be guiding your life, highs and lows... :)

        Although I genuinely seem like a happy person, I have time where I lose my anger or my patience. I have times when I feel 'fat' and 'ugly.' I have times where I feel 'lonely' and 'desperate.' I have times where I am 'teased.' Life is not perfect but I know that my 'God' will help through the bad times. I encourage anyone that reads my blog to pray to Him and I guarantee that He is listening.

        During some bad times in my family, a long-time family friend gave my parents this magnetic. I felt emotional reading it and it really touched me...

Here it is, 

Footprints in the Sand         By: Mary Stevenson

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.
After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."
He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."


~ch

You know when I sit and when I rise Psalm 139:2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

failure

slice of life: hospital playlist review

real faces and happy endings: it's okay to not be okay review