mean



Several days ago, in photography class, I asked a guy to help me hold the reflector in order to capture a photo for my portrait assignment. He looked at me like I was joking and said, “F^@k you!” I was surprised because nobody has ever said that to me before...but I was also angry that he was so disrespectful. Flashbacks came back to me from Winter Camp when I was in Grade 8.
That day, we gathered in the living room for a session. If anyone looked around, you would see all the girls on the floor and all the guys on the couch. My counselor instructed to all the guys that this world works with the “Ladies first system.” Quickly, all the boys sat on floor...
This society has been revolving around the “Ladies first” mentality but I think it should still exist today. Little things like holding the door, or helping ‘set up’ are things that guys SHOULD help out with. This ONE camp was a drastic change for the 8 guys that attended. After that, they were a lot more respectful toward girls (in general)...
Back to photography class, I hope that THAT guy learns HOW TO RESPECT because what he said to me was M-E-A-N....
~ch

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

failure

slice of life: hospital playlist review

real faces and happy endings: it's okay to not be okay review